Monday, October 6, 2008

Sorry White Sox Fans Join the "Maybe Next Year" Club

Let me get this out of the way I am a Chicago Cubs Fan. I'm not a diehard fan.  I'm not a season ticket holder.  I don't know every stat.  I'm a Cubs fan none the less. 

When I have a choice to listen to a baseball game on the radio I tune to WGN 720 AM. I drive around with a Cubs licence plate frame on my car year round. I own Cubs gear. I have a iPod Playlist with Cubs Songs. My first baseball game was at Wrigley Field. I had my first beer when I was 20 in the bleachers at Wrigley Field. I brought my friend to a Cubs Game for his bachlor party. Suffice to say I love the Cubs. 

It hurt when the Cubs lost on Saturday Night. I was hurt. Cubs fas were hurt. This was it. Were going to break 100 years. I was frustrated. I avoided news coverage for the next two days to avoid the Media Coverage of the "Curse." 

Like your own children, no matter what happens you always love them. Next year I plan on taking my god son to his first Wrigley Field Game. I plan on seeing a game from the Wrigleyville rooftops with my best friend. I look forward to warm weather and listening to Pat and Ron on the summer camp bus.

So The Cubs are out of the pennant race. What do I do? I was going to root for the White Sox. No, not beacuse It looks like I'm jumping ship but because I'm from Chicago. In 2005 I rooted for the White Sox to win the World Series, after the Cubs were out of the playoffs. I even cheared when the Sox won. For the recored I was at the Cubs/Sox game at Wrigley this summer  and wore my Cubby blues. So here I am  on the world wide web and walking in the streets and I see Sox fans booing the Cubs. Telling us Cubs fans they suck, boo and variations of that. As so many out it they were, "Throwing salt in the wound." 

To all you Sox fans who like to put down us Cubs fans who were cheering for you..."HA HA". You'r team is out too now. My other best friends are Sox fans but this isn't directed at them. This isn't directed to the Chicago Fans or the White Sox Fans who are civilized and root for the Cubs whent the White Sox are not playing. This is to the anoying White Sox Fans. "HA HA". 

You know who you are. Your out now. Go cry. Boo hoo. I shed a tear for you. 

After that... Chicago I now say LETS UNITE. It is the time of season we put our differenaces aside. Lets us put away our black and white caps and and red white and blue pinned stripped jerserys. Let's crack open the orange and blue shirts and cheer on DA BEARS.

Come Spring Chicago will be divided. Come Fall WE UNITE AS ONE!
SO heres to next year and a World Series that has both White Sox and Cubs in it!

No comments: